Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gardening has begun

I have spent the last couple days outside playing in the dirt. Actually preparing rows for planting my organic garden.

I managed to get in many rows before the rain today which was great for the new seeds. After mother's day the rest will be planted.

Here is what's in so far...Arugula (lettuce with a pepper taste), red romaine lettuce, cauliflower, green beans ( which I plant every two weeks all season long), and french radishes.

After Mother's Day I will plant the rest...carrots, tomatoes, watermelon, corn, cucumbers, and a brand of strawberries that grow all season long. Oh, and spinach.

Then the weeding begins a week later and the sore thighs until I get use to the daily care of the garden as the season moves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Advertising